Monday, February 5, 2007

Superbowl

Last night we watched the superbowl in the union pub. It was crazy! A lot of people were there, although it may just have been because the bar was open much later than usual. The gaggle of Americans I sat with were, perhaps, obnoxious, but only after the game started (and plenty of British people had decided to choose sides. Mostly with the Bears I am happy to report)
THe game didn't start until 11:30 pm here, which meant that I was up until 4 am! It was incredibly fun, however: imagine a ton of people screaming at American football in British accents. It really is an experience that is soemthing very special. It was strange to do something so "American" in this world. I will admit that I have never cared about a superbowl so much before. I felt like I HAD to care about it, not only due to the Bears (we aren't going to talk about the end) but also because I knew more about football than a lot of the other people in the room! It was something I will never feel again...

Anyways, it was a great time. THey decorated the bar in American flags, kind of weird, but it was just really festive and fun. I hope allthose back in Chicago were keeping warm, even if they were depressed. I heard Chicago is freezing.Just to add injury to insult, not only am I in Europe, but it is about 50 degrees here.

Love
Meagan

3 comments:

George Steinhardt said...

50 degreez? woah. And yeah, it's cold and miserable last night. Lamekeepers was PACKED tho.

raechel said...

yeah brrcoldahhhhhhhhhh. cold.

you were missed last night at ems. we were trying to remember what she called the pit of screaming middle aged women during the rolling stones half time show. do you remember?

ugh. i miss you.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I had a similar Superbowl experience in Quito. What fun.

But seriously, Meagan, I don't care what school you go to. You can NEVER, EVER cheer for the Bears.