Tuesday, February 20, 2007

How I spend my days

I'm in the Source right now, a computer "lab" on campus. There are 16 computers for student use. 16! It is crazy. People here aren't nearly as tied to their computers as Americans are, which I suppose is nice, since it allows them to be more connected to the truly important things in English life, like family, friends, pubs...

Anyways. I went to York on Saturday, which was fantastic. THe York Minster (cathedral) is huge and gorgeous. It has half of all the stained glass in Britain in its windows. Quite impressive, eh? Pix are up on the book for all yall to check out if you are bored. I've never been as much of a facebook stalker as I have been since I've been here. We have NOTHING to do at night except go to pubs (everything else is closed by 5:30) so we spend a lot of time sitting in each other's rooms talking or going on the nets and being bored. We've also spent lots of time figuring out spring break. I think some of my friends here are going to Egypt! I'm really jealous, but I know that my trips will be fun as well. Right now it looks like I will be going to Scotland (Edinburgh, Glasgow, maybe a day in the Highlands???), Italy(Florence and Rome), Germany (probably just Freiberg, the Schwarzwald, and Koeln) and Paris. Not much out of the ordinary tour of western Europa, but stuff I have never seen and would really like to. I am also planning some weekend trips to Oslo, Dublin, and London. Oh! And Madrid! I am planning on seeing Sara Higley and Alison Flatley while I'm there, so hopefully I will be able to stay with them and save some cash.

I'm really excited for this weekend. I'm going to Stonehenge and Bath. Although they don't let you go right up to Stonehenge anymore (booo) it will be amazing nonetheless, and Bath is supposed to be on eof the best cities in England. I am pumped. I do have to be at Bar ONe at 6:30 am to make the 5.5 hour bus ride, but I figure it was worth it for £20.

Everyone please send me lots of emails about what you are up to and your summer plans. I am hopefully going to be back in Chicago, but I am still searchingfor a job/apartment/roommate. Let's talk!

Have a wonderful day!

Love,
MEagan

3 comments:

raechel said...

things sound fabulous. i just got your card, and it made my day. it was beautiful, and you will be getting a detailed email shortly (when i have time, which i dont have much of lately), and also surprises in the mail soon.

love/miss you tons tonstons

George Steinhardt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
George Steinhardt said...

The last post was wayyy to stupid to keep. This one is much better! Is the bar even open at 6 am? That is impressive!