Thursday, March 8, 2007

Paws Please

Today my flatmate Liz and I ventured to a pet shop down the hill and around the block to see the guinea pigs, dogs, and fish. We were suprised with bunnies and birds! It was lovely to see and pet and smell animals again. The dogs were these big ole nasty mutts that just wanted love. The younger, more active one (my favorite) was the strangest looking thing, and its tongue was too long for its mouth. Adorable. It was good to have animals around again. THey really do make life easier.

The reason Liz took me there is that my computer is basically dead. It freaked out on me late last night and will not turn on. I did lose it for awhile, but I am now much calmer about the whole situation. I really only use the computer to check email and to write papers. Luckily, I have wonderful flatmates who have done their best to make this easier and are letting me use their computers. I am in the library right now, and am sure that I will be able to find a way to manage without a computer for three months. Once I get home, there is always the Student Center until I can afford a new laptop. In my attempt to see this in the best possible light, I now have a reason to get the new cute little baby Mac I've been coveting for quite some time. Before I couldn't justify it, but thanks to screwy English voltage and the outlets that you have to turn on and off (or apparently kill your computer, but then again, I still don't know what exactly has happened) I will be able to justify it.

So in June, if you're thinking, man, what should I get Meagan for her 21st birthday, don't buy me some bottle of alcohol or some tshirt. Just hand me twenty bucks and wish me luck with technology.

THanks loves. I hope everyone is having a good day. Suprisingly, for having a nasty cold and no computer, I am.

Hope all is well wherever in the world you may be,

Meagan

1 comment:

George Steinhardt said...

technology suggs a lot someties. Doesn't it?