Tuesday, April 17, 2007

To Paris and back to Steel City

Ah Paris.

I am back in Sheffield after a three week journey across western Europe. As detailed in previous posts, I traveled to Scotland, Italy, Germany, and Paris. Paris, which I have not yet written about, is beyond words. I really can't tell all that we did (and it would be really boring for you to read I am sure) but it was a really fun time. I traveled there with my friend Carl, and Kiernan and Amy joined us for two days. After spending so much time with people who are not Sheffieldites it was nice to see them again! I missed my flatmates (and neighbor kids) far more than I thought I would. It is really strange how close you get to people when you are thrust into such a wild and unknown situation such as study abroad. I know that even though I will not see all of them very often (if ever again) it is a great thing to have them in my life. Ugh. So sappy.

Liz is playing some song called "I whooped spiderman's ass" in the kitchen. I love being back.

Sheffield has bloomed in my absence. The trees are full of leaves and flowers, the air is scented with flowers, and the grass is green. The sky is even blue too! It is amazing.

This weekend Emily, Natalie and I are going up to Glasgow for a Camera Obscura concert. We are very excited! Trips to Ireland (Aran Islands and Dublin) and Norway are also in the works. Many things to look forward to (and papers to write) in a very short two months. Hopefully they will remain lovely and pretty.

Oh gosh, now the song is about Chuckie, the murdering doll. Oh my.

I think it is time to go join the roomies and then fake my homework (as usual.)

Love,
Meagan

No comments: