Sunday, April 22, 2007

Lemon powders

Natalie and I ventured to Manchester for a Camera Obscura show on Friday. The trip up to Glasgow became nearly impossible to put together (especially since we both have essays due this week) and so we opted for the show in Manchester instead. It was a good show, but ended quite early (9:30). The curfew for all ages shows is apparently 10 pm? Way too early if you ask me, but oh well. These silly Brits.

I have gotten sick, just when I have to crack down and do some real work. Essays are due this week and next, and then its a bit of a break before the onslaught of exams in late May. I have three papers due on May 29, and one sit in final (four hours, write two essays basically) on June 1. After that I have ten days to hang out, travel?, and pack up my Sheffield existence for the flight home.

Here at University of Sheffield, all students are required to submit two copies of each essay. These are marked by not only one marker but two, and an aggregate score is used to give your final grade. I am very nervous, since my essay thus far is crap. Oh well. That is what I get for putting it off I suppose. For my Modern Lit class, a third year (or final year here) module, this paper is worth 50% of my grade. The sit in final is worth the over half. It is on the representation and function of race in Conrad's Heart of Darkness. Yeah. Fun. I know.

If anyone has any ideas for a summer job I could get, let me know. Or if you want to just support me for the summer, I am open to the idea of a rich benefactor.

Okay, back to the essay/research/avoiding the internet and the copious amounts of tea and water I keep pouring down my throat. I really want to focus, but the phlegm is making it hard. Ew.

No comments: