Thursday, June 7, 2007

The return of the vacuum seal

I'm packing for home! Strange as it may be, I think everything is going to fit very neatly into my two suitcases; the part I'm most worried about is the carry on since it contains two (2) laptops. The broken dead one and the working alive one. Grrr. I am hoping to have the dead one resuscitated soon! Hooray!

Packing is hard work! I don't like it much, especially because I never know what exactly I will be needing. I only have two days left, and then Sunday--but that is all traveling so it should be easy enough. Just a few changes of clothes to leave out and the rest to cram in. This is made much easier by some handy dandy vacuum seal bags and our friendly vacuum cleaner, Henry. This is Henry:



(Photo credit Natalie)

Many people still have a final tomorrow, so not a lot is happening around Taptonville lately. I am looking forward to the party tomorrow to celebrate, and then Saturday Nicole and I are saying goodbye to Sheffield with a visit to the Peaks. Then its off to Manchester for a night in the hotel and Sunday morning a long flight with a much desired destination--home!

I don't feel like I'll be reflecting on my time here anytime soon (at least not publicly), as I will need some distance and the passing of time to truly understand any effects it has had on me. Until then I'll remember it fondly and will just be happy it happened. Ah Sheffield.

See you all soon!

1 comment:

George Steinhardt said...

ho man henry is hilarious. I can't believe like that is the way they make em